pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Newbie problems with Pan v0.106

From: Phillip Pi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Newbie problems with Pan v0.106
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 08:23:21 -0700

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 03:01:04PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Phillip Pi <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 08 Aug
> 2006 06:17:27 -0700:
>
> > So, no one knows what's going on? Should I give up for now? :)
>
> I'm not sure if it's your installation or a bug in pan, but regardless, if
> you are running into it, others might as well.
>
> I am wondering if it's perhaps a filesystem issue, tho.  Just to eliminate
> that, what filesystem are you running, and have you done a detailed fsck
> lately?  I'd try that, just to be sure.

EXT3 FS. Nothing odd in dmesg. I doubt there's anything wrong with my
partitions.

> Beyond that, 0.107 should be out in the next couple days.  I'd wait for
> it, and if the problem is still occurring and my filesystems checked out
> OK, I'd consider filing a bug.  If you do, please post a followup here
> with the bug number.  I've been working too hard to have time to do much
> investigation on this the last few days, but I'm in my weekend now (unless
> they call me in), and can't promise anything, but would like to have a
> closer look (after some sleep, I'm to the point of making stupid mistakes
> due to lack of sleep, ATM) and see if we can't at least narrow this down
> some, both by tackling the filesystem angle, and with me verifying that
> the group works for me from here.  Since 0.107 will likely be released in
> the mean time, that'll give us a chance to verify that it has the same
> issue for you, and (assuming) not for me.

OK, I will just wait for v0.107 and apt-get to pick it up in experimental or
whatever to
retry and bug it if needed.

> I do see you are on Debian, so if it's a library thing or something with
> their compile, I probably won't duplicate it as I'm on Gentoo (~amd64, the
> ~ denoting unstable).  BTW, I'm 100% reiserfs here, on top of raid-6
> for most of my system, now running kernel 2.6.18-rc4 (mainline/vanilla),
> and am running pretty stable except for occasional issues with
> xorg/EXA/composite, which can crash X and therefore pan, but I've not seen
> the sort of issues you are reporting with it.

2.6.14-2-k7 for me. Maybe I should run strace? Would it help? I will just wait
for v.107.
Hopefully, it will have way more features. :)
--
"The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant." --Indian
  /\___/\
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: address@hidden or address@hidden
    ( )