pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Coloring read and unread articles differently

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Coloring read and unread articles differently
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:53:27 -0500

Peter B. Steiger wrote:

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 10:53 -0500, Benjamin Esham wrote:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it in
the archives... how can I make read and unread articles display in
different colors?

I had to add  a line to header-pane.cc:

... I just hunted for the section that underlines unread messages, and
added that "foreground" line with the color hardcoded to "red".  Maybe
later I'll put in some preferences to pick a color, but just for a quick
fix it was easier to hard-code the red.

I'll try this, but I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve hacking the source (since I'll just have to patch again once a newer version is released). Also, unread headers are not underlined for me—they are not displayed any differently from read headers at all.

Thanks for the reply!

--
Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail