pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Coloring read and unread articles differently

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Coloring read and unread articles differently
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:57:33 -0400

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:44:19 -0500
Benjamin Esham <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just to clarify… are the unread headers supposed to be underlined?
> Threads with unread are underlined when collapsed, but there is no
> underline once these threads are expanded.

Here's how it works, at least, how I think it works. :)

With collapsed threads:

Bold = Completely unread thread
Normal = Read thread
Normal + underline = Read thread with new messages

Following the header, the (#) in parenthesis is the number of unread messages
in the collapsed thread.

Once the thread is expanded, you don't need the (#) or underline so they
aren't visible.  I guess the underline is slightly redundant now that we have
(#) back, because if you have a normal thread with (#), you already know it's
a read thread with new messages.

--
Hoi, noch eine Bloat-Reimplementation auf ossp.org und sie ist _nicht_
von Engelschall?  Wie kommt es?

-- Felix von Leitner in de.comp.os.unix.programming
   2002-04-18 <address@hidden>