pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: VDQ : can I double Pan?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: VDQ : can I double Pan?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 11
Aug 2006 14:42:41 -0400:

> On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:05:24 +0200, Per Hedeland wrote:
> [...]
>> And finally something on-topic:-) -
>
> I won't debate whether it's on topic -- on a list still marked by gmane,
> where many of us read, as [].pan.user -- but merely suggest that it
> be taken as a feature request instead of a question, to be attended to at
> anyone's convenience. The explanations, good as I'm sure they were, were
> still well over my head, anyway. But it's a use for Pan which I'd still
> like to make, if/when it ever becomes easy enough.

I think one of the features for 1.1, given it has been requested several
times, is likely to be some form of newsgroup categories, with the ability
to update only those groups in a particular category, and to keep all the
other categories collapsed and out of the way, if desired.  If this turns
out to be the case, it should do what you would now need multiple separate
instances of pan to do, thereby eliminating the need to make those
separate instances much easier than they are already, using
$PAN_HOME=<path>.