pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Any idea when the new Pan will work on non XP-SP2 wi

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Any idea when the new Pan will work on non XP-SP2 windows ?
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:35:14 +0100

Shining Chaos said

>> If I need to fill out a bugzilla ticket to get it to run on non XP SP2
>> windows I will, I just thought it would have been a given to make it
>> run on 70~80% of the win32 machines out there.
>>
> If it helps any, I run Win2k SP4, latest patches, etc, on my computer
> (dual boot from Linux; it's my "toy" OS :) ), and Pan 0.104 runs fine in
> it.  I seem to be using GTK 2.8.15 for some reason though; so I'm not
> sure if that's making a difference or not.
>
> -Stephen

Well I have tried the new pan on so many of the w2k machines I have access
to that I would say the yours is the exception to the rule, and this was
the main reason for me using this new box I was building, as it only had
the standard win 200 pro with only SP4 (and the few other fixes that were
available at the time I got the disk) I did this just in case it is a
later patch that is the problem, My normal usenet box is patched up to the
second, but it does not seem to be that area that stops it working. There
is the IPv6 problems, but I thought that was sorted, or at least the last
time I exchanged e-mails with Charles (pre v 0.100) he said that he had a
fix for that.

But you do seem to be using a different GTK to everybody else (and on the
Pan site) so I will have to give that a try before I finish up the work on
that box and its normal image goes back on to it.

L.
--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com