pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Any idea when the new Pan will work on non XP-SP2 wi

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Any idea when the new Pan will work on non XP-SP2 windows ?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:42:45 +0100

On 8/10/06, Lenny_Nero <address@hidden> wrote:

Sorry, I was wrong only .104 is available from the site, (unless there is
a hidden page somewhere) if there is a pre built bin, I will try it, but
as I have read thru all of the killed bug lists and I dont see anything
that would lend its self to this fix, I dont think its been fixed.

If I need to fill out a bugzilla ticket to get it to run on non XP SP2
windows I will, I just thought it would have been a given to make it run
on 70~80% of the win32 machines out there.

Personally, I would expect a win32 binary to run on all win32 and
win64 platforms, because the O/S would ensure it, rather that the
programmer having to jump through hoops, but hey... Perhaps I am just
being picky?

I assume you've installed all of the latest Win2k service packs and
security patches? MS don't always maintain backward compatability, but
they usually provide the same updates across all platforms.

I can provide you with a pan 0.107 binary if you mail me off-list with
an email address that will accept binary attachments.

Regards,
Steve