pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.110 "Beable Beable"

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.110 "Beable Beable"
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:45:22 +0100

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, walt wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:38:38 +0100, Robert Marshall wrote:
>
>> Just built this and am seeing an issue that I didn't see with my
>> previous version - 107
>>
>> I'm using it in tabbed layout and when a group has downloaded I don't
>> see any articles - I have to change a filter (e.g only new), I get the
>> same problem in the article window too and sometimes - can't get the
>> article to be visible at all.
>>
>> I then changed the tabbed layout to off - affusing it is some sort of
>> redrawing issue and initially I say the same thing though when I'd
>> downloaded a few articles it eventually got back into sync
>
> To clarify:  by 'into sync' do you mean that the problem is now gone?

It went (was solved) in that session and didn't try restarting until I made
the changes below..

> I saw a few mysterious quirks after upgrading a few versions back.
> I solved them by deleting ~/.pan2 and starting over, so I'm assuming
> that something changed formats between versions.

That seems to have fixed it, or it was a temporary blip due to something
else.

I'm still getting the

(article-cache.cc:408 get_message): assertion "this->contains(*it)" failed.

with the

Some More of My Personal Favs ;-) - London Evening, Tower Bridge,
England.jpg (1/3) - [034/100]

style subjects and no picture appearing - though I see that the cvs (pre
rewrite) version wouldn't download these messages at all thinking that they
were missing 99 parts

Robert

--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/