pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How's 0.112 working for you?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How's 0.112 working for you?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:32:34 -0500

On Sep 15, 2006, at 5:45 PM, charles kerr wrote:

The reason for this slow cycle?  Not very many bugs were
reported this week, and most of them were enhancement requests.

Was crashing 0.112 earlier this week so at the above taunt I crashed it again just now. Then filed #356206 at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

Other than crashing, 0.111 and 0.112 download slower than 0.14.2.91 and get slower and slower until download stops. Restarting stuck partial downloads in the Task Manager, doesn't. But exit from pan and restart, the old Task list is resumed and articles resume their download.

Slowdown happens whether I have one or two news servers configured. Whether or not both are primary or one is primary and the other backup. Whether or not both are reachable.

No matter what option I select when adding tasks to the list, tasks do not land in the task list in the same order as selected in the header list. The headers may be listed in numerical order part001.rar, part002.rar, ... but the tasks are not necessarily in that order, no matter my repeated selection of "at the bottom."

Speaking of which, my previous method of adding new tasks to the list doesn't stick between uses as the default for the next use. Always reverts to "download oldest first."

As for enhancements, I'd like to be able to monitor the status of multiple configured news servers. Just what is each being asked to do? Whether or not both are reachable. I get a fair amount of warnings and "unreachable" and "socket errors" from pan via stderr.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden