pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ 0.119 : forward -- how??

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ 0.119 : forward -- how??
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:31:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:15:22 -0500, Darren Albers wrote:

> Travis wrote:
>>
>> I just click "Post" click "Reply to Author" and it opens a Pan2 mail
>> window I add the address click "Send Post" a new mail window in my
>> mail client  opens I click send and away we go.
>>

> Same here, all I do is hit r and change the mail to field.   I guess it
> wouldn't be hard to create a forward option (Though possibly not in time
> for 1.0) and have it just bring up the dialog without a send to
> address.   Beartooth, if you want that you should probably submit a
> feature request so it doesn't get lost.  In the meantime using the reply
> feature and changing the forwarding works as well.

OK, two responses, to both Travis and Darren -- as well as Duncan, I think.

As far as the reply function : see my new post called "Now I can't reply by
email, either!" (I have (part of) a log entry this time.)

As far as the feature request : I don't recall ever having done a formal
one. Point me, please, at the instructions for the electronically clueless
on how to do it, and I'll try.

Afaict, this one is one of these cases where somebody tries very sensibly
to make a thing idiot-proof, only to discover new idiots out here -- and
this time I get to play idiot.

Fwiw, I do have reasons *not* to do my email in any way anyone would think
of offhand. The way(s) I actually do it have evolved over the years; it's
by far my main app and activity. And there are long threads about it in
places I can point to, if anybody wants to look.

Fedora Core 6; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.119; Privoxy 3.0.3;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.16, Opera 9.02, Firefox 1.5