pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: new pan getting group list "forever"

From: Tim Kynerd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: new pan getting group list "forever"
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:41:54 -0600

Duncan wrote:

Bruce Bowler <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 11
Dec 2006 19:01:10 -0500:

As others have said, just post if you need help upgrading.  What
distribution, and where you are getting it would be useful info if you
do.
It's not a question of "not being able to" (not that you suggested it was
:-).  It's just that it's soooo much easier with RPMs.  I've got lots of
other packages that I compile from scratch, but every upgrade of some of
those turn into nightmares.

Anyway, it finally finished and I'm "back in business".

Wow!  I didn't realize the rpm crowd was that far behind, but I just
checked rebelbase, and sure enough. =8^(

FWIW, that was one of the things that I finally started compiling from
source back on Mandrake, too, because I didn't like waiting for the rpms. Still, I don't think it was /that/ far behind back then. There was usually either a Mandrake or Rawhide rpm up within a week to 10 days. Now, the newest appears to be 0.117 (SuSE).

Actually I just installed openSuSE 10.2 this past weekend (upgraded from SuSE 10.1), and suddenly found that I was running Pan 0.119. :-)

*rest snipped*

Best,
Tim