pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.131 randomly deletes my preferences and/or groups

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.131 randomly deletes my preferences and/or groups
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:16:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all,

I'm using Pan 0.131 on Mac OS X.  A couple of times recently, I have
launched pan to find that my preferences were gone, and one of these times
my groups had disappeared as well.  I don't back up as often as I should,
and I decided it was easier to recreate my setup than to use old backup data
(which might have actually been "old pan").  I'm not particularly angry—it
is a beta!—but I'm sure you can see the inconvenience of random data loss
;-)

The only cause I can think of is that my disk space has been very low
recently, and has dropped to zero on at least one occasion.  I can't
remember whether that coincided with pan data loss, but that's the only
explanation I can offer.  Does anyone else have any idea why pan could have
lost data like this?

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham