pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: clicking on any header-pane bar, only re-sorts header li

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: clicking on any header-pane bar, only re-sorts header lines by Date only
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:12:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:13:57 +0000, SciFi wrote:

> So, let me go ahead to open a report
> just so we'll have it on record anyway.

I read your comment #7 about clicking on the Subject header
and getting a new sort done on a previously selected
field.  Very interesting.  My guess is that it's a data
alignment problem -- there's a number somewhere keeping
track of which field should be sorted, but only the lower
order 2-3 bits are correct.  Something bad is happening to
the other bits -- maybe they're overwritten by other data.
In that case, changing your preferences about what fields you
want to be displayed might change the behavior.  And it raises the
possibility that it might be a compiler bug, so you might consider
updating your compilers.  (I'm not optimistic about actually
finding the bug, but maybe you can kill it.)

--
Greg