pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 23:12:31 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Timothy Hamilton" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 20:28 PM

<snip>

Third, having my sin of using HTML pointed out several times in ways which
were not exactly rude but not clearly not exactly friendly either, strongly
suggests behaviors and attitudes that are dismissive and even unkind to
newbies. Nitpicking rarely comes across as anything but condescending and
arrogant. Or more clearly phrased: in light of recent behaviors, I would be reluctant to give this mailing list as a resource for someone new to Linux.

I know very little about Linux but I use Pan and have been for 3 or 5 years.
I wouldn't suggest this place for a Linux noobie either.  Pan yes.

I signed up to my local LUG (GSLUG) and even went to a meeting and didn't find the folks on the list or at the meeting very helpful. Most of the people at the meeting were 20 and 30
something's and I am a 60 something.

<snip>
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington