pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Any way to control download speed?

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Any way to control download speed?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:09:01 -0700

Rick Barry wrote:
> PAN pretty much eats up all my download bandwidth when downloading a binary.
> Is there any way to control the speed at which PAN downloads? I am using PAN
> 0.132 on Ubuntu 8.04

I have found that the best way to handle this is at your gateway.  Set
up QoS (quality of service) support so that high-bandwidth long-term TCP
sessions get reduced bandwidth.

I happen to use a Linux gateway and the wondershaper QoS script.  I
think that some DLink home routers and Linksys routers can do this as
well.  I know that the Linksys routers with the custom firmware can do it.

--
Zan Lynx
address@hidden

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."