pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:06:46 +0000 (UTC)

walt <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:19:55
+0000:

> Interesting to note that only attachments posted from a *nix news client
> would cause this problem in the first place, and the article in question
> was posted with Gravity, which was once a Windows-only client.  Since
> then it's become open source and the perpetrator must be running a unix
> version customized for evildoing.  Feh!

Wouldn't it be more likely that he's running a Windows version, but
hacked to use 755 as the default perms?  I mean, if he's got to have
customized/hacked it anyway, that seems like a MUCH simpler hack than
getting it to run in *ix, except possibly with wine, in which case it'd
still use the presumably 644 default perms assumption.