pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: a little something for the pan heads

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: a little something for the pan heads
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:43:15 -0700

On 07/08/2009 04:16 PM, CSV4ME2 wrote:
On Monday 22 June 2009, address@hidden wrote:
Since I was bored and needed to learn git I decided to apply some of the
pending patches to pan and put up a repo for it.  So here you go.

git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2.git

lost-coder,

sounds good to me, ready to try this out, but what git command should i use to
get this tree on my local box?

git clone git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2.git

This will create a pan source directory named pan2 wherever you are at the time
you run the command.

I recommend ~/src as a standard place to keep your personal projects (like pan).

I use "configure --prefix=/home/walter" on all such projects so they won't clash
with standard packages installed by your linux distribution.  That configure
flag
tells pan to install in /home/walter/bin, /home/walter/lib, etc.  And I added
these two lines to my .bash_profile:

export PATH=~/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=~/share/man:$MANPATH

This means that files in /home/walter/bin will be run instead of any other
binary
with the same name in /usr/bin etc.