pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:48:24 +0100

2009/7/29 Steve Davies <address@hidden>:

>> yEnc / Multipart JPG files.
>>
>> I have not checked this, but suspect that the GMime changes may have
>> broken it. I do have a patch related to this which was for much older
>> Pan, and I thought it was in the GIT build already, but I will check.
>>

> Replying to my own post - This is I think an "intentional" change in
> the GIT builds, but my GTK/GMime knowledge is not sufficient to know
> the reasoning behind the change.
>
> I have found 3 places in the code where the native 0.133 loops through
> all GMIME_MULTIPART blocks, and processes them. Two are in
> ./pan/gui/body-pane.cc, and one in ./pan/gui/gui.cc
>
> In the GIT branch, any attempt to recurse using
> g_mime_multipart_foreach() has been ripped out of
> ./pan/gui/body-pane.cc, though the one in ./pan/gui/gui.cc remains -
> There is a subtle difference between the two pieces of code, and I
> wonder if taking this out was a stopgap fix that now needs to be done
> properly?
>
> I'll have a crack at it to see whether I can find an obvoius answer,
> but feedback from K.Haley would probably be the best way forward :)

For those people:

a) Running Win32 GIT installer builds
and
b) Having multipart images chopped

I have uploaded
  http://paninstall.googlepages.com/pan-test.zip

(about 950Kb) which contains a test pan.exe version which attempts to
solve the multipart issue. Copy it to your usual pan.exe directory and
run it. Let me know how it goes. It may crash and burn :)

Regards,
Steve