pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: freedomware vs... Was: Building Pan onWindows?

From: Rob
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: freedomware vs... Was: Building Pan onWindows?
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 21:31:15 -0500

On Saturday 06 March 2010 02:23 pm, Joe Zeff wrote:
> I used ZA back before I switched to Linux only, and I have nothing but
> praise for it.  The interesting thing is, not one of those programs
> failed to run properly without Internet access.

I actually really wish there was a ZoneAlarm, meaning a firewall that'll
actually pop up interactive alerts when programs try to hit the Internet
and allow me to confirm or deny them and set up white- and blacklists, for
Linux.  Not only for keeping proprietary Linux software honest, but also
for when I need to try something out under Wine (maybe ZoneAlarm itself
would run under Wine, but I'm not optimistic).

Rob