pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] HELP: Could not connect to newsserver eternal-september

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] HELP: Could not connect to newsserver eternal-september because of suspected use of TOR
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 21:15:44 +0100

On Mon 02 Jan 2012 at 17:49:36 +0100, Joachim Elz-Fianda wrote:
> So this means that PAN tries to connect via TOR. I have installed TOR but I
> am not using it in the moment.
> What can I do to circumvent the use of TOR for this access ?

You are probably really not using TOR. It is the paranoia of the news
server administrator, I think. I used to be a tor exitnode for a while,
trying to do a good thing for humanity. Instead, I got blacklisted on a
lot of servers, in my case I think it was irc which was most noticable.

Hopefully you can send an email to the administrator and ask why his/her
server thinks you're using TOR, when in fact you are not.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor