pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Character code page used in Pan (old) postings

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Character code page used in Pan (old) postings
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:12:58 +0100

Am 12.02.2012 21:58, schrieb Duncan:
I believe all current releases allow multiple pan sessions to be run at
once, but a reasonably recent change in git now tests for another running
pan instance and shuts down if it exists, as the simplest fix for a bug
involving accidentally starting a second instance using the same data
dir.  That's a bit frustrating here, but I only do the text instance at
all regularly any more, so it hasn't bothered me as much as it would
someone regularly using multiple separate pan sessions, as I used to.
I've been going to investigate how it's doing that with a eye toward a
workaround (if it's a socket listener in $TMP as used for example with
claws-mail, setting $TMP just as I set the data dir var should work, just
as it does with claws-mail, which I run two instances of, one for mail,
one with the appropriate plugin as my feed reader). or filing a bug to
create a mechanism that can be worked around if I don't find any, but
I've not done so yet.

You're right, I'll add a switch to disable/enable that feature.
Cheers.