paperclips-discuss

[Paperclips-discuss] MIME handling fixes

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Paperclips-discuss] MIME handling fixes
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 02:52:02 +0100

The MIME handling in Paperclips has always been rather weak.

It's now very strong.

Changes are:
- a new class handles parsing standard mime.types files
Such as "~/.mime.types". I'd like this to be able to pickup a
mime.types in a jar file, but right now it's static.

- MIME registry is passed (as a hashtable) to the Service when
constructed
Seems the most sensible thing to do for now... though Service's
constructor argument list is getting rather long I don't think there's
anything to be done to avoid that.

- PURLConnection has a new abstract method isDirectory()

- PURLConnection has a default getContentType which asks the
Service's registry

The new PURLConnection method may facilitate a standard method for
directory listings which would be good because then we could plug in
content handlers for directory listings, producing HTML, XML or
text/directorylisting listings as appropriate.

Nic