Re: Word too long ??

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Word too long ??
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:37:15 +0100

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM, yacob sen <yacob_123@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was trying to run a GNU parallel script that was run on my Ubuntu 10.10
> version with no problems. Today I upgrade my linux OS  to Ubuntu version
> 11.04 and tried to run the same GNU parallel script but I received the error
> message as:
>
> "Computer:jobs running/jobs completed/%of started jobs/Average seconds to
> complete
> Word too long."
>
> Why is this "word too long comes from" ?

Yeah that is weird. I cannot reproduce the error.

Report bugs to <bug-parallel@gnu.org> or
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=parallel

Your bug report should always include:

* The output of parallel --version. If you are not running the latest
released version you should specify why you believe the problem is not
fixed in that version.

* A complete example that others can run that shows the problem. A
combination of seq, cat, echo, and sleep can reproduce most errors. If
you example requires large files, see if you can use make them by
something like seq 1000000>file.

If you suspect the error is dependent on your distribution, please see
if you can reproduce the error on one of these distibutions:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualboximage/files/