partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Information about partysip redirect handling

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Information about partysip redirect handling
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:42:54 +0100 (CET)

The uap module have been removed in the latest version of partysip.
http://osip.atosc.org/download/partysip/partysip-2.1.0.tar.gz

All transaction are now managed by the sfp module and the associated
plugins.

The behavior of the feature you are looking for is this one:

1: a plugin add several possible "location" (sip url) to reach
the callee.
2: The sfp module tries the first one.
3: after a timeout, the sfp module will try the next one.

In the actual plugins, the above is only made possible if the user
register from several locations. The plugin able to add several
locations for an INVITE is the "ls_localdb" plugin.

If you want to redirect calls to another guy, you will have to modify
the "ls_localdb" plugin so that it will add first:
 "the registred location" (as usual)
 "add other location(s) to try if this one fail" (from a config file?)

The non-trivial part will be to add locations of users that are not
in a call...
Aymeric