pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Public API and gl_list

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Public API and gl_list
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:31:26 -0600

P.S. Another approach to the gl*.h problem would be to copy them from
gnulib into the source tree in the standard way, but then have the
gnupdf build process copy them to (say) pdf_list.h.  Then that could be
installed and you wouldn't have to deal with physical inclusion, which
granted is pretty weird.

On the other hand, if both pdf_list.h and gl_list.h define the same
types, that would mean an application program could not use both.  That
seems bad again.  And I bet renaming all the identifiers would not be fun.

As for stddef.h and the like, I think all you can do in your public
headers is #include them in the standard way.  When gnupdf is built, the
gnulib stuff can come into play, but there's no way to run a configure
check at #include-time for when an application includes your headers ...