pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Public API and gl_list

From: Cirilo Bernardo
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Public API and gl_list
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:13:52 +1100

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:08 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I've really tried to write a correct pdf-list.h with inlined functions in
> order
>  to be exported to the global API, be included by other modules, and be
> usable by
>  an external client. But I couldn't succeed.

Don't worry too much - the compiler is like a cat, in the end it will decide
whether to actually inline or not.  So don't put too much work into this
because in the end, the compiler may not actually inline anyway.  If I
remember the specifications correctly, "inline" is a suggestion, not an
order - a bit like 'register'.  If I remember the GCC docs correctly
(assuming they haven't changed since I read them), the optimization
settings will affect whether code is actually inlined.

- Cirilo