pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: JPX filter implementation

From: jemarch
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: JPX filter implementation
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:52:59 +0100

Hi.

    I've noticed that JPX filter implementing task is till unassigned,
    so i've looked around the code and 32000-1 to see what it takes to
    complete it.  Correct me if i'm wrong.

    [...]

    According to 32000-1, the image is really JPX, with all metadata and
    stuff (you can decode it with ASCII85Decode, then put it into a file and
    such file will be readable by any JPEG-2000 image viewer). It is mostly
    JPX baseline with few exceptions.

    [...]

    Everything else comes from JPX, so JPXDecode must have a way to pass
    parameters upstream.

The purpose of the JPX decoder filter is to get decoded JPX data, and
nothing else.

Additional parts of the library will get care about the interpretation
of the data read from an XObject.