pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] RIA in HTTP backend filesystem

From: David Vazquez
Subject: [pdf-devel] RIA in HTTP backend filesystem
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 06:33:53 +0200

Hi, I have just started the task about http backend for the file
system module, and I would want to discuss a issue.

If I understand well, RIA is a request for cache a block which be read
later. The task description suggests libcurl to implement it. However,
it seems libcurl does not support async downloading. It supports a
'non-blocking' interface, but it is not quite good for this.

I have take a look but I do not found a good alternative. So we can
implement this using threads explicitly, but it requires some effort
for portability. I think it maybe provided by a new module. Any other
idea?

Thanks.