pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] http filesystem create/destroy functions needed

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] http filesystem create/destroy functions needed
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:17:27 +0100

   > And then call those callbacks in the existing pdf_fsys_create and
   > pdf_fsys_destroy.  Stateless filesystems (such as the disk filesystem)
   > would not define those callbacks.
   >
   > Would this fit your needs?

   This is exactly what I had in mind.

I pushed a patch providing support for both init_fn and cleanup_fn.
Note that the filesystem state created at init_fn time is only
available at cleanup_fn time.  If you need to access the state in some
of the other filesystem implementation functions we will need to add a
new parameter to the appropriate callback and to change the pdf_fsys_*
function to include fsys->data when calling that callback.

Another caveat of this solution is that init_fn/cleanup_fn are never
called for the default filesystem (I added pdf_fsys_disk_init and
pdf_fsys_disk_cleanup for completeness).  But since the disk
filesystem is stateless that should not be a problem.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  http://www.jemarch.net