pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] http filesystem create/destroy functions needed

From: Scott Fohey
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] http filesystem create/destroy functions needed
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:48:15 -0500

----------------  snip  ----------------------------------------
> --
> Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
>                  http://www.jemarch.net
> GNU Project       http://www.gnu.org

In the init_fn I will need save a reference to libcurl for use in a variety of
functions during normal runtime.  My instinct is to have a pdf-fsys-http.c
scoped static structure to store this, and a couple other items in.  This will
make it accessible to all my functions without any overhead.

Will multiple instances of the http filesystem be necessary? I have not
noticed anything of this sort in the requirements...

Anyhow, I don't see the reason for passing a ptr to this struct along with
each function...  If I'm missing it, I would much appreciate your clarification.

btw, just in case there's some ambiguity, this is what I have in mind:

static struct http_vars_s
{
CURLM libcurl_handle;

init_fn()