pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Base Types API

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: [pdf-devel] Base Types API
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:13:07 -0500

Hi All/Jose,

Below is a list of functions of interest relating to pdf_i64_t from
http://gnupdf.org/Lib:API_Consistency_Report. I believe they make up
the public functions exposed by pdf-type.h/pdf-type.c.

The items with an asterisk (*) are not used. In general, they are a
pdf_i32_t variant of the 64 bit function.

Can the functions with an asterisk be removed? If the functions are
not 'code proliferation' added over time, I will write test cases for
them.

If the functions with asterisks are part of the official API, should
all functions have a <fn>_i32 variant for consistency? For example,
pdf_i64_abs_i32 and pdf_i64_neg_i32.

Finally, I did find a need for pdf_i64_eq() and pdf_i64_neq(). I'd
like to add them to the public specification. I also found a need for
pdf_i64_shl() and pdf_i64_shr(). I don't know if they should be public
or private, so I'd like to error towards private.

Comments/Suggestions/Directions are welcomed and desired.

Jeff

pdf_i64_new()
pdf_i64_new_i32()
pdf_i64_assign()