pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] libcurl initialization requirements

From: Scott Fohey
Subject: [pdf-devel] libcurl initialization requirements
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:32:08 -0500

I just noticed that libcurl requires a call to curl_global_init() while the
program as a whole is single-threaded.  The libcurl docs make this
quite clear.

Are we willing to impose this kind of an initialization requirement on
any and all applications that would link with us?  The requirement
would be that if http filesystem is included (using libcurl) we would
need to call curl_global_init while there is only one thread in the whole
application.  This could mean that we have to be the first lib initialized
to rule out any other libraries spawning a thread.

Can we really proceed with libcurl?

--Scott