pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] New developer and UUID module request

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] New developer and UUID module request
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 21:44:12 +0200

Hi Albert.

    Please find attached a new patch implementing UUID test cases. In
    addition, the API and implementation of pdf_uuid_generate have been
    changed, improving parameter filtering.

Thanks for the patch.  Some comments.

    +2011-05-17  Albert Meroño Peñuela <address@hidden>
    +   torture: Unit tests for the UUID module.
    +   * torture/unit/Makefile.am
    +   * torture/unit/base/types/tsuite-types.c
    +   * torture/unit/base/types/pdf-types-uuid-generate.c
    +   * torture/unit/base/types/pdf-types-uuid-string.c
    +   * torture/unit/base/types/pdf-types-uuid-equal-p.c
    +
    +   base/types: Fix UUID generation API.
    +   * src/base/pdf-types-uuid.[h|c]
    +

When creating a ChangeLog entry please briefly describe what changed in
each file.  It is ok to specify just "Likewise" when needed.

    -pdf_uuid_t
    -pdf_uuid_generate (enum pdf_uuid_type_e type)
    +void
    +pdf_uuid_generate (pdf_uuid_t * uuid, enum pdf_uuid_type_e type)

I don't understand this change.  We are using an enumerated value to
specify the type of UUID we want to generate precisely, so there is no
way we can get an invalid value in 'type' without getting a complain
from the compiler.  Unless I am missing something there is no need to
check for the validity of the parameter.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org