perlpanel-devel

Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Shell Manager

From: Gavin Brown
Subject: Re: [Perlpanel-devel] Shell Manager
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:36:14 +0000

> i am using PerlPanel 0.9.0 and use the shell manager to keep my
> ssh connections organized. The applet works well but a an option
> to save the password would be fine

ShellManager just invokes a terminal with "-e ssh address@hidden" as an
argument - there's no way to manage passwords, and if there were it
would be a pretty serious security hole.

You should consider using an RSA key to avoid entering your password
lots of times, that's what I do.

> But now my actual problem with this applet. My panel size is 18
> and i have also set 'menu_icon_size="tiny"' in perlpanelrc to
> have tiny icons. But this icon size setting does not afect the
> icons in the shell manager applet.

There was a missing argument to the function that loaded the icons, I've
added it in CVS and it should work from the next release on.

Cheers,

Gavin.

--
Gavin Brown