pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] toupper segmentation fault - please help

From: Felix Chivite
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] toupper segmentation fault - please help
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:20:10 -0000

I'm using a 2003 edition of "Programming from the Ground Up", I've got through to chapter 4 without problems and also managed to assemble and link toupper in chapter 5, but when I try to run it as indicated (./toupper toupper.s toupper.uppercase), the console returns a segmentation fault.
After a few searches I've learned that this is probably a problem with memory addressing, or pointers or arrays. I'v checked my source file against the original in the book many times but I can't see where I've gone wrong. Could anybody help? Thank you all in advance,
Felix (a complete beginner).

Visit my homepage on www.geocities.com/felixchivite