pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Seg fault on the first two programs

From: Bill
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Seg fault on the first two programs
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:26:40 -0000

Hi all,

I am getting back into assembly programming after a long hiatus and
using the book as a refresher.  I'm using version 1.0 of the ebook and
working with slackware 9.1 (kernel versions and gas version are not
available at the moment).  I've written out each program EXACTLY as
printed, and checked them for errors at least a dozen times.  Each one
compiles and links fine, however when I run either they die with a seg
fault.  Has something changed with the syntax used?  Or perhaps there
might be a new way of invoking system calls that I am unaware of?
Thanks in advance.