[Phpgroupware-developers] Fresh install problems

From: M . vanDorp
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fresh install problems
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:22:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I've been usin phpgroupware from 0.9.10, and was waiting for 0.9.14 to
start using things for real. So I bought a new computer, did a fresh
install of Debian, OpenLDAP and the like. I noticed 0.9.14RC1 was
available for testing. I downloaded the tarball, and put it in place.
Now I've got all those nifty apps in separae dirs in my Documentroot
(yes, a dedicate a special server to it).

It took some time to configure php4 for the webserver, but that's
working now, too.

What I'm missing, is a document describing the installation. With the
new setup app things have changed! When I point my browser to setup, I
get:

You have not created your header.inc.php yet!
You can create it now.
                Analysis
No MySQL support found. Disabling
No Postgres-DB support found. Disabling
No <sensored> SQL Server support found. Disabling.
No Oracle-DB support found. Disabling.

<B><FONT COLOR=RED> did not found any valid DB Support!
try to configure your php to support one of the above mentioned dbs or
install phpgroupware by hand

(This output tells me PHP is working)

But I *DO* have postgresql running. I can use psql or even pgaccess to
check the DB (create database phpgroupware, create user phpgroupware),
I also added in /etc/php4/apache/php4.ini the line:
extension=pgsql.so

I also followed the instructions in the file
doc/en_US/html/admin/x62.html (chapter 2.3 Obtaining and Installing
phpgroupware), but to no avail

I thought I was reaonable skilled to perform these kind of installation
(using linux over 8 years, now), but there is something I'm overlooking
:*(

Can anyone point me in the right direction (link to install info)?

Regards,

Marcel

ing. Marcel van Dorp (CCDP, CCNP+security)   http://www.wiwo.nl
WiWo Support                                 tel. 071-523 77 91
Postbus 1098                                 fax  071-523 77 94
2340 BB Oegstgeest                           gsm  0653-50 77 76