RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Crash with win32 apache

From: Cuendet JeanEric
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Crash with win32 apache
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:48:32 +0100

> In PHP 4.0.6, I had the problem when certain extensions were
> enabled, even if the extensions were not used in the script
> I was testing. With PHP 4.1.1, I use all those extensions and
> more but do not have the exploding Apache problem.

I have Apache 1.3.23 + PHP 4.1.1 and it crashes.
If I run "php login.php" in /phpgroupware, then php crash alone ONLY if
MySQL is started!
If I shutdown MySQL, then I receive:

It's not a very useful page, but it's here at least.

> Look for instances where your code adds something to a global
> variable. With certain php.ini settings, you can end up
> with a variable going in to a global array and that variable
> itself being a global array, with the result being a loop. I found
> this with several open source applications when they try to
> register variables in sessions.

It's not my code, it's phpgw 0.9.14
A simple page with phpinfo() works well.

> I test all code with PHP warnings on. For some errors, that
> brings up warnings before Apache explodes and you can fix
> the error. It is an extremely useful approach for all
> versions of PHP and found a few of the tricky errors in
> earlier versions
> of PHP 4.

I'd like, but I can't get php to create a log file nor output to EventLog.
Any idea? I have put the following in the php.ini file:

error_reporting = E_ALL
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On
log_errors = On
error_log = c:\php\php.log
error_log = syslog
extension_dir = c:\php\extensions (Is it right?)

Right?

Thanks
-jec

PS: I normally use Apapche + Linux without problems but I don't have access
to a Linux box here... So I MUSt use win2k :-(