Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] xmlrpc unauthorized

From: Jean-Eric Cuendet
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] xmlrpc unauthorized
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:22:22 +0100

Forgot to ask: When you connect to phpGW, you receive a PHPSESSIONID. Is it necessary to set it in the header os each request to go further? Or can it be just ignored?

Else:
I found that the way phpGW makes its authorization stuff (by putting sessid+kp3 base64 in Authorization:) is not so standard since nor python, Perl or XMLRPC4C can handle that cleanly. Wouldn't it be better to add 1/2/3 parameters to each call of a method with the kp3/sessid stuff? It would be easier for the programmer and doesn't change anything on the phpGW side, no?

Thanks to say what you, phpGW guys, think about that.
-jec

Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:

Is someone able to make phpGW work with XMLRPC?
I can login, receive the sessionid+kp3 but I can't go further.
I receive NUAUTHORIZED every time I make an XMLRPC call.
I attach the XML code sent to the server. Is there an error?
Thanks a lot
-jec

PS: I use a modified (for Authorization stuff) Frontier::Client in Perl