Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] rant about themes

From: Justin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] rant about themes
Date: 28 Feb 2002 23:03:00 -0600

> > Also pages should be validating to W3C standards. It ensures that people
> > write good html. Having this in a footer for all apps would be a good
> > start.

> > CSS</A>
>
> A good start to annoy the crap out of people, imo.

I had originally wanted to start cleaning up the html(making it work in
*most* browsers), and reorganizing how things are laid out on the
web(i.e. having all done/submit buttons on the bottom right side, adding
done buttons, etc, etc..) so as to make each app consistant in it's
layout.

It'd also be nice if there were a default/themed <style> list that was
used so that the pages can be more easily created to be consistant.
Maybe making some styles that are used throughout the project(and
documenting them) would make the creation of new pages much easier(just
calling the predefined styles to organize the data).

I've been way to busy to do any of this because of school and my
business taking off.  The main developers are too busy writing the php
code, and doing it well.  This is very easy to do, but it's time
consuming and tedious.  I don't think I can manage something like this
on my own because of time restrictions, but I'm willing to help, where I
can, the person(s) that want to try doing this.  I think that
phpgroupware needs this kind of polish(among many other things that are
being worked on at this time) to make it more acceptible as a business
solution.

Justin