Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addbook ready for testing

From: Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addbook ready for testing
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:14:10 +0200

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:10:59AM +1000, Peter Moulding wrote:
> minor points I sent back to the developer. If you install it as is, you
> will need a solid day to find the idiosyncrasies. Once the minor points

Heiko moved over the last few days. Expect him to back at his email
pretty soon.

> I thought the table would contain an infinite parent/child structure so
> you could have company at the top and people by themselves or within
> companies. There are separate organisation and people tables so the HTML
> selection process will need work. You could present an 'organisation'
> selection then a 'person within organisation' selection. If the contacts
> were all in one table, it would be a simple recursive selection display
> with the top level presenting both companies and people not within
> companies.

The design we chose is to just distinguish between persons and
organisation (which could be companies but also could be something else,
eg. just a department of a company, a branch, or even your local sports
club).

> We use TTS with Customer Group Category. Customer is a TTS field added
> next to group. I added code to insert the addressbook id in the TTS
> field and return the customer name for display when displaying the TTS
> field. This code will need something more complicated for addbook unless
> addbook has code that presents the organisation and person tables as a
> singular unit.

I'm not sure what you mean with that. The actual version of the
migration script does keep the IDs intact. It's not a finished tool so
far though.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes