Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Conceptually Incorrect Icons

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Conceptually Incorrect Icons
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 18:54:24 +0000

First, I'm all for anything "new and improved", especially where "intuitive" is
the
goal.  I hate trianing people.  However.....

Those look just like the old-old icons except even more bland, which was the
biggest
user complaint about them.  Most email apps do use a different color for the
arrow
on the forward icon, but other than that I don't see what's so wrong with the
current ones.  And I really don't see how your icons are in any way better than
what
we have.  We have eye candy, and in the real world, eye candy sells.  You arrows
point the same way, just one has one more arrow, I fail to see how adding an
arrow
makes it more intutitve, to me it looks more clutered.

On a side note, and a couple pet peeves of mine: BMP is not an internet standard
format.  PNG is prefered, GIF and JPG are also welcome.  You wrote a plain text
email, why on earth would you write an <a href> in it?  Let the properly written
email clients do their job in making a URL a clickable link.  As you wrote it
the
"clickable" was ("http://web.njit.edu/~jxr7434/reply.bmp";>here).

Chris - just a guy that likes to voice his oppinions :)