RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Conceptually Incorrect Icons + new CRM na

From: Brad Sturgill
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Conceptually Incorrect Icons + new CRM navigation + ACL extension questions
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 18:05:31 -0700

Hi Ralf,

I'm glad to hear that you recognize the issue with ACL.  It would be nice to
be able to extend beyond infolog so that other apps, such as projects and
add(ress)book, have similar capabilities.  I understand that it is possible
to do this with the existing ACL structure but an interface may not yet be
developed to take advantage of it.  I am looking into it now but it may take
a few days.  Are you familiar with this ability?  Is there anybody else that
is familiar with this functionality?

As for the work flow issues.  I do have some code that initiates in
addressbook but it is not in very good shape (very ugly at this point).  It
would make a whole lot more sense to step back and design a workflow engine
that can tie apps together under a set of rules and conditional branching
based on these rules.  In this way, administrators can define standardized
workflow and/or users can define their own workflow (if administrator grants
these privileges).  Conceptually, I know how this should work, but I am not
yet familiar enough with the phpgroupware code to start to create the tech
specs.

More to come (hopefully) on this in the coming months.

Brad