Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] what does this mean??

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] what does this mean??
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:14:11 +0000

What is "!!"?  I only see reference to ! as NOT, and !! seems to be NOT(NOT) or
basically no change.

>From a little test I just did, php evaluates True as 1 and False as null or
>empty.
However, 0 == false evaluates as 1, or True.  And, using === you can distingush
between the int and boolean, 1 == true is true but 1 === true is false, but
true ===
true is true.

As for the givin !!($rights & $required) == True it's a bit confusing.  It sould
either be !($rights & $required) or ($rights & $required) != True or !($rights &
$required) == False or something a lot clearer as to what's supposed to be
compaired.