Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] RFC: Addressmaster

From: aeb
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] RFC: Addressmaster
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:03:58 +0100 (CET)

heya,

i think is the best solution is to have the admin(s) of an phpgw install
choose the addressmasters, including the possibility to have a whole group
- so their members -  as addressmaster. this way our users can decide by
themselfes who should maintain the accounts contacts data.

i think its not really handy to just have one account called addressmaster
to maintain the accounts contacts data. you every time would have to
logout and login again to change something on these data. isnt
professional imo :)

i would use acl to handle the addressmasters in a way to have as
acl_app=addressbook, acl_location=addressmaster, acl_account=$account,
acl_rights=read+add+edit+delete.

the accounts data in contacts have the owner -3, where we would have to
check, if $current_user is in the addressmaster array.

||cw suggested to just have the admins of phpgw also be the
addressmasters, what would be a reasonable solution as well, imo.

grtx. ceb