Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3

From: Markus Kaemmerer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:58:30 +0200

"Guillaume Courtois" <address@hidden> wrote:,

>So now, I do this :
>
>$ipcManager =& CreateObject('phpgwapi.ipc_manager');
>$sync =& $ipcManager->getIPC('sync');
>
>$authresult = $sync->authenticate ($userid,$password,devsourcelocuri);
>
>This one gives me a good result.
>
>$DeviceID = $sync->AddDevice ( $phpgw_accountid, $devsourcelocuri, $userid,
>$password );
>
>This one tells me "Call to a member function on a non-object".

the function AddDevie is only included in the so classes. This
function is not an sync IPC function, so If you need this function,
you should call it this way (see testcase.inc.php)

    $so = CreateObject('sync.so_sync');
   $so->AddDevice ( $phpgw_accountid, $devsourcelocuri, $userid,
$password );

Normally, you should not need to call AddDevice. The authenticate
function will add an device if the username and password match to a
valid phpGW account. See the documentation of authenticateSyncDevice
in bo classes.

Markus

--
Markus Kämmerer         Team Software Solutions
pro|business AG, EXPO Plaza 1, 30539 Hannover