Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] End user feed back

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] End user feed back
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:52:21 +0000

Chris Weiss (address@hidden) wrote:

> Bob Crandell (address@hidden) wrote:
> >
> > Email:
> > Spellcheck.  It doesn't always check the spelling.  It accepts "kjpij" as
> > correct.  I suspect it's more of a php problem that I need to chase down
> > then
> > phpgroupware.
>
> you can get it to check at all?  php-pspell is rite PITA
Some of them, once in a while, yes.  On my own system, clicking on the Spell
Check link takes you to a screen that you can Continue or Cancel but you can't
correct the example above.

> > Attachments.  They would like it better if when one selects a file and
> > clicks
> > on "Open" that it is attached at that point instead of having to also click
> > on
> > the "Attach File" button.  I checked around and some of the other web based
> > email programs make it that simple.
>
> how does this work?  an "onclick" on the file control?  I didn't know that
> could be done...
You know, I was going to include a link to a web based client that handled it
a little better, but now I can't, for the life of me, find it anywhere.  I
checked Outlook, Groupwise, MDaemon and Squirrelmail.  They all handle
attachments pretty much the same as phpgroupware.

The one I was looking for had the process down to:
1)  Click on Attachments.
2)  Click on Browse
3)  Select a file and click on Open.
  The file is attached.
  To attach more files just repeat step 2 and 3.
4)  Click on Done get back to the email.

Looks like you're in good company even if you don't change it though.
I'll post the link to the other webmail when I find it.

Thanks
Bob

Assured Computing, Inc.
When you need to be sure.