Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] XML RPX in PHPGroupware

From: Markus Kaemmerer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] XML RPX in PHPGroupware
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:37:38 +0200

"Shajee" <address@hidden> wrote:,

>            thanks to Markus i've been sucessfully able to login into my
>phpgw and get back sessionid and kp3 through ASP .Net app via xml rpc

glad to hear this.

>What is the extent of xml rpc support in phpgw. Is it stable enough to allow
>data transactions with other applications. Like I have this ASP .Net client
>and yes the login call works fine. Now i want to fetch data from phpgw using
>the sessionid returned and display that data here in a grid in my .net
>application.

This should be possible. We extensively use XML-RPC to add
synchronization support for phpGW. I think this interface is stable
enough. To get data out of phpGW using XML-RPC you should use the IPC
interface, which is made for this and is used for sync purposes too.
You can find documentation and source in savannah head modules
"ipc_test_suite and "sync". If you have more questions, please ask me.

Markus

--
Markus Kämmerer         Team Software Solutions
pro|business AG, EXPO Plaza 1, 30539 Hannover