Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Addressbook Communications

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Addressbook Communications
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:40:23 +1000

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 04:07, Alex Borges wrote:
> Yup, same here.....
>
> I guess the answer is this was fubar a long time ago. The idea back then
> was to provide a separate "communications api" for this.
>
> What we are actually doing (spanish) is modifying parts of the
> addressbook and related classes (it aint too much of a change really) to
> pass those through lang calls but actually using the english
> descriptions... then adding the translations to the lang system.
>
> Its hard to make multilanguage dynamic descriptions as we didnt find an
> obvious way to do this with the current lang() capabilities in 16. I
> think modifying the description managers to provide language support
> there (something like sitemgr does) would be the best way to go.

The fixes needed for the lang support are on the patch tracker assigned
to jarg -
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3137 .
There is no code for managing the langs.  Have a play and see what you
think.  I have notes on doing the management side of things if you want
it.

Cheers

Dave