Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Single Sign On

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Single Sign On
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:54:56 +0200

Hi ya'll,

i got it working in my installation and I submitted a
patch at savannah:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3263

I case you don't have a ntlm "compatible" browser there is
a popup asking for the account login. Make sure to enter:

<yourwindowsdomain>\<yourusername>

as username.

Installation of mod_ntlm is a little bit tricky (no deb package) :-(

There are limitations:

- no phpgw domain dropdown box (btw is this the reason, auth. over
.htaccess files is disabled?)

- no user password in the GLOBALS variable (probably the email module
needs this variable)

- a logout directly logs you in again (with new session id) ;-)

- my 1.6 mozilla still needs popup with account login; maybe I'm
  missing a preference somewhere...

Cheers, fips

Am Mi, den 04.08.2004 schrieb Dave Hall um 02:57:
> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 00:18, Sigurd Nes wrote:
> > Philipp Kamps wrote:
> >  > Hi ya'll,
> >  >
> >  > I found a way to realize a single-sign-on for the
> >  > phpgroupware and windows IE Clients in a windows
> >  > domain:
> >  >
> >  > The project NTLM (http://sourceforge.net/projects/modntlm/)
> >  > has developed a apache 1/2 module to read uid and
> >  > password from a IE Client. The module checks this account
> >  > against a windows Domain AD.
> >  >
> >  > So users only have to use the windows login to authenticate.
> >  >
> >  > In case of Linux, you may want to have a look to a ntlm auth
> >  > proxy (ntlmaps as deb package).
> >  >
> >  > I'll publish a patched login and auth script.
> >  >
> >  > Cheers fips
> >  >
> >  >
> > Great !! - my users will be very happy.
>
> Mozilla 1.4+ has support for ntlm auth, see
> http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.4.2/README.html
>
> I couldn't find info for Firefox support :(

Philipp Kamps
- Team Softwareentwicklung -
pro|business AG
Expo Plaza 1
30539 Hannover
Telefon    05 11 / 6 00 66 - 333
Telefax    05 11 / 6 00 66 - 355
E-Mail     address@hidden

    "probusiness Hamburg AG gegründet"

Weitere Informationen zur Gründung der sechsten
probusiness Gesellschaft unter www.probusiness.de