Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Single Sign On

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Single Sign On
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:24:15 +0200

Hi Sigurd,

Am Fr, den 06.08.2004 schrieb Sigurd Nes um 00:05:
> I downoladed mod_ntlm2-0.1.tgz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/modntlm/
>
> Edited the Makefile
>  From
>   APXS=apxs
>   APACHECTL=/etc/rc.d/apache
>   APXS=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
>   APACHECTL=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl
>
> Issued the command:
> make install && make restart
>
> added to httpd.conf:
>

>    AuthType NTLM
>    NTLMAuth on
>    NTLMAuthoritative on
>    NTLMDomain BBB
>    NTLMServer 172.20.35.167
>    NTLMBackup 172.20.35.163

this should be inside your

<Directory 'yourphpgwinstallation'>

then add:
     Require valid-user

inside the directory definition.

I also added:
     NTLMBasicAuth on

(but I have no clue what it does ;-)

Please note that I still have some problems with
the patch I submitted. I'll fix this next week.
(Hope you got your "REMOTE_USER" ready then...)

Cheers, fips

> Apache started fine but would'nt provide the $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] (no
> such element in the $_SERVER array)
>
> I also tried the version from http://modntlm.jamiekerwick.co.uk/ with no
> luck
>
> Any clues?
>
> Sigurd
>

> Philipp Kamps wrote:
> > Hi ya'll,
> >
> > i got it working in my installation and I submitted a
> > patch at savannah:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3263
> >
> > I case you don't have a ntlm "compatible" browser there is
> > a popup asking for the account login. Make sure to enter:
> >
> > <yourwindowsdomain>\<yourusername>
> >
> > as username.
> >
> > Installation of mod_ntlm is a little bit tricky (no deb package) :-(
> >
> > There are limitations:
> >
> > - no phpgw domain dropdown box (btw is this the reason, auth. over
> > .htaccess files is disabled?)
> >
> > - no user password in the GLOBALS variable (probably the email module
> > needs this variable)
> >
> > - a logout directly logs you in again (with new session id) ;-)
> >
> > - my 1.6 mozilla still needs popup with account login; maybe I'm
> >   missing a preference somewhere...
> >
> > Cheers, fips

> >>Mozilla 1.4+ has support for ntlm auth, see
> >>http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.4.2/README.html
> >>
> >>I couldn't find info for Firefox support :(

Philipp Kamps
- Team Softwareentwicklung -
pro|business AG
Expo Plaza 1
30539 Hannover
Telefon    05 11 / 6 00 66 - 333
Telefax    05 11 / 6 00 66 - 355
E-Mail     address@hidden

    "probusiness Hamburg AG gegründet"

Weitere Informationen zur Gründung der sechsten
probusiness Gesellschaft unter www.probusiness.de